Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Me and the God Almighty...



I am agnostic, may be I modified the definition of being agnostic. When I want something I believe in god and pray him but when I get or have everything I want, I don’t believe his existence or don’t pray him. So this is my nature towards god.

Let me tell you a small incident that happened today morning. I dressed up to office in my pink suite though not very beautiful as always I was cheerful, the naughty smile on my face makes me look prettier at times this is the comment I get usually. I came down to kitchen to wish mom bye, she was smiling to see me dressed up and told that I am looking good today.

Don’t know why when mom says this I get irritated, may be because I remember my uncle teasing me by saying a kannada saying ‘Hettavarige heganavu muddu’ which means for parents even the rodent looks good! So I neglected her words wished her bye and left for my stop to board my cab.

When I was standing there, I saw a very beautiful girl passing by each and everyone was staring at her. I must say she was actually very beautiful, with shiny silky hair was let free and the white salwar was perfectly matching her beautiful fair complexion I must say she was looking like angel walking down in that dirty road.

Suddenly I started Cursing god for not giving me this beauty, I was so sad and asked god why dint he make me this beautiful, why don’t people turn around to look at me when I am walking. I cursed god for cheating me. By this time of me cursing god this girl had passed by and there was a School bus which was on its way and stopped in my stop.

The bus was full with kids shouting and laughing, I was very happy to see that and I observed closely this was the school bus for mentally challenged kids. In that two min I could observe kids laughing for no reason making weird sounds touching each other. My heart sank, just 2 min back I thought this bus was full with smiles and happiness but now I got to know these smiles and laughter had no meaning but they just existed there.

Now suddenly I remembered god! Why don’t I ask him anything now? Do I ever think that he has given me many things that some of them really want to have? I was ashamed of myself for being so self-centered…I guess this is the way god speaks to us and teaches us about life. Those who pick this up would have learnt a beautiful lesson.

Lost in these thoughts I was staring at that bus, suddenly I saw a little hand of a child from that bus window wishing me bye…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. You write with so much energy and emotion, i like that!
~chaos

Arun said...

A Kannada Saying "Tumbida Koda Tulukuvudilla".I Am thinking, Ramya Also like that. Any way Super writing.

Kabs said...

i love ur blog, no really i love it! its just so......so...good! i can say tht u have written all of ur articles wit lots of enthusiasm and energy! SUPER! XLENT! THNKS A LOT!