Roads are laid very neatly and beautifully, there are no dirt littered around on the roads, Streets are just not well lit but are overly lit by colorful lights as well, no power cuts, all the sewage system properly maintained, Water supply 24hrs and Public transport running all around the city right on time, all these and more not in any other developed country or its not my imagination of Rama Rajya, but it’s hard to believe when I say it’s in namma Bengaluru in my very own country India…I see many eyes wide opened in disbelief !!!
Yes, it was exactly this scenario when there was just a week for Elections here! By which I mean just before a week and all those 5 years the roads were full of pot holes, dirt littered, with no street light, power fluctuations, problems for basic facility etc and etc. But just as the election approaches, the ruling party or member of that particular ward is all awake and starts all these activities and more. And for this they claim that he or she has been doing all these and more over last few years and so they should be elected again. Whereas all those years, we dumb citizen see them alone progressing but nothing else.
Now you all learned people tell me why should I vote?
- To see progress of elected people from car to caaaaars, home to Bungalow, belly to Pot Belly, and gold accessories to Gold mines!
- No matter who comes in power, I still have to bribe for my rights!
- I am still scared to walk in the night alone, forget night even in day light one has to think twice to step out.
- I mostly end up with slip disc or crack my spine because of those humps and poor quality roads which chip into potholes
- I still have to walk in streets that smell of those unclean and poorly maintained Waste bins, oops sorry some places don’t even have those, both streets and dustbins!!!
- I still see people not having basic facilities, bribed for voting, literacy rate with no improvement and where as the crime rate increasing exponentially.
For these reason if I forcefully try to forget that I should be voting, I am reminded by every other Movie Star, KMF by printing on milk covers and lot many NGOs, to vote and in some cases many or threatened to vote. There is no one to answer these questions but every other celebrity posses in their best with a statement saying “Voting is your right” “Be an Indian cast your vote”!!!! So when the sewage is blocked in my locality do I ask these Stars to clean it up?
Such frustrations were spurting like hot lava in me, as I stood in the hot sun waiting for my turn to prove that I am an Indian. But I am still waiting for an answer; tell me why should I vote? Tell me why?