For sure all of us will have a list of prayers unanswered isn’t it? Here is my list which is pending from last 20yrs!
- I always had a very short hair most of the times I was mistaken to be a boy kid and so my every night prayer was requesting god to give me long hair over night which I can braid beautifully in the next morning. Oh yes it did grow an inch after several weeks and then it was given in the hands of the barber down the street who my dad considered the best hair stylist in the whole world to cut it mercilessly , … Phew all those crying
- Prayed so many nights that the next morning there should be school holiday and the notice should be like ‘School is closed for 1year’. A variation of this prayer was expecting summer holidays in the month of December.
- When I was 4, I was too curious to taste coffee obviously I was too bored of those health drinks like Horlicks and Complan. When asked for coffee, I had got a very convincing explanation from Amma saying only elderly people who sport mustache drink coffee, so almost every day I prayed for Mustache!!!
- I always prayed god to turn my younger sister into a little kitten, because I always wanted cat as my sibling and Amma by mistake delivered my sister!!! And every morning I peeped into the cradle to see if my prayer was answered until one day I was caught by Appa and got nice beatings for waking up my sister.
- My very serious prayer was requesting god to send my look alike to my home, remember those 80s movie where hero’s look alike suddenly comes home!!! And so I wished for one such entry in my life too, so that I could use her as my body double when Appa showered his beatings on me!
- I prayed god that I should be kidnapped on June 1st as that’s the only way I can miss the school and not be blamed as well, I prayed this for almost 4 years not once it was answered !!!
These are very few which I can remember now and I am sure you all will also have such unanswered prayers. Please… please share it with me :D so that I feel better that I am not the only one who is been neglected by dear god for so many years ….