This phenomenon of being matured, sensible, thoughtful, responsible is supposed to come as we age. But somehow I feel these are just words for me which I have learnt with age but implementation of which is still yet to be done!
I remember my mom saying that when I will get my younger sibling in my case my sister, I will be more responsible but then arrival of my little angel made no changes to me, I became more devilish and got beatings more often and seeing all this surprisingly my sister became more matured and responsible for her age!!! Hmmm irony of life!
When I was in middle school, mom started saying that her elder daughter (which is me) will become more matured as I progress to high school but sorry no improvement.
Mothers!!! They never give up hope on their children isn’t it? So she kept telling that Ramya will behave decent in Pre University, after which she increased the limit to Engineering. All this while only my mom’s assumed limit increased but my pranks, and my parents getting call from college for my pranks never ended forget ending it only increased.
And finally my mom mahan, not giving up on her hope made this statement on my engagement can you imagine, She announced in front of every family member that Ramya will be more responsible and matured after marriage! I still remember how my cousins, aunts and uncles laughed no actually ROFLed for this joke made by my mom!!!
But then the prank of sticking stickers on close relatives and bursting balloons scaring people etc etc which I played in my very own engagement !!! yes you read it right, in my engagement only!!! Finally made mom to lose all hopes on me and she decided to give up hoping and she resorted to advising!
Advising, did u think she advised me oh come on! She knew that never worked so she caught hold of my hubs and as precaution told all possible things he may have to undergo because of my hyperactive nature! Post which hubs religiously advice me every now and then, so here are some of the interesting advice I keep getting!!!
1. Don’t pester for Balloons, candies, dolls when in laws are out with us for shopping and strict no to roadside Boiled Ground nuts, are you asking why specifically no to ground nuts? Oh that’s because post eating ground nuts I love playing a “Groundnut Missile Game” this is to throw the groundnut shell on someone passing by and ask sorry :D and then count the number of people who got hit by my groundnut missile !!!
2. Don’t be over excited on seeing anything and everything, I literally jump and exclaim, hubs fear that there are weak heart people around and because of this I may be caught in murder case!!!
3. Don’t shout “Hey you here!!” to my hubs all of a sudden in a shop :D making others think that we met accidentally :D
4. Strict no to showing over enthusiasm in office! For ex: Once I got a very little thank you card from a colleague and I ran to every cubicle and told that I am being appreciated: D you see I am never appreciated in my life!!! But then there were people who have got very big recognition and still :D so modest to not even hiss about it!!! I cant help them! Oh yes I remember calling mom and telling about it ;) may be she would have lit lamp to god that day!!!
5. Not only this every time I step out :D I am being advised by my mom , but my hubs with 3.5yrs of exp has given up on me :D so has stopped advising. But he has learnt to tell this one sentence which saves his life in public and that is “Sorry, I don’t know who she is!!!”
Yes yes yes :D atleast I have not grown up yet but after never ending efforts and prayers by mom, I have now learnt a little to act decent in public.
So in my case this is so true :D “We never really grow up, We only learn how to act in public ;)”
What is it with you ;)?