Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Monday, October 4, 2010

Smile when you say bye!!!

It was around 3 in the afternoon and I was wandering in the shopping area to buy usual roadside accessories. Some body tapped my back, it was my school friend Lakshmi, wow it was a real surprise to see her. It was almost 15 years, it was surprising how she could recognize me and I couldn’t stop admiring her smile and beauty, over these many years she had become more mature and beautiful.


We spoke for a while and I wished her as she was newly married, for her success on being famous TV Anchor and Dental surgeon. As we wanted to leave from there we shook hands, hugged each other and she left. I got back to my bargaining business with the vendor just then she called me from the corner of the road smiled beautifully and waved her hand to say bye and I was pleased by her beautiful smile.

Isn’t it so nice to meet a friend that too an old friend accidentally!!! Trust me it is.

Days passed and its almost 2 years now after that day,

I woke up one morning and there was a message from Sowmya to call her back, I guessed it must be for her regular gossip so I neglected it. It was Monday morning and I was extremely busy in office and I forgot to call back my friend. 2days passed, around 12 in the afternoon Sowmya called again I answered her call this time and started with sorry to avoid her scolding but I was shocked to hear her sobbing. I just consoled her and asked the reason.

When she spoke about it I could hardly move from my place and it was difficult to realize what I was hearing. I couldn’t digest that Lakshmi was no more. Sowmya tried hard to reach me and I had neglected her call the other day so I couldn’t go on the day of her last rites as well. She was crying aloud as she was unable to forget Lakshmi’s face and her little daughter.

I couldn’t hear anything more, I disconnected the call and closed the eyes only to see Lakshmi’s beautiful smile and waving hand.

This post is dedicated to my friend Lakshmi. Let her soul rest in peace.

But thing I realized after this incident is, its really very important to smile when you say bye to anyone. Because we don’t know when actually we will meet again and when you try to remember the other person all you will remember is the last time you met them no matter how frequent you meet or how much time you spend together last bye will always be remembered. So Smile when you say bye!!!

5 comments:

jithendra hindumane said...

it is truely heart touching incident you have written...

Ramya said...

Yes Jithu it was very sad!

Prashanth said...

Life.. at it cruel best?

I pray, her Soul rest in peace and let God give all her loved ones the strength to make a living with her sweet memories alone.

Unknown said...

Hello Ramya...i agree with what u have said here, we human beings do not come with an expiry date like medicines, so it is difficult to predict which will be our last day, so ur conclusion is apt.....
I see, I feel, I blog: RIP Jyotish

Unknown said...

truely touching.. Also reminds every one that if some one tries to reach you - call them back as soon as you can!!