Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Make a wish...


Cake with 2 candles shaped one and eight.
Surrounded with dear ones, some one called out to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to travel a lot that year.
I ended up studying for board exam.

Cake with 2 candles shaped two and zero
Surrounded with my friends, some one called out to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to propose to the man of my dreams
I ended up seeing him going out with someone else

Cake with 2 candles shaped two and three
Surrounded with colleagues, some one called out to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to spend lot of time with my parents
I ended up working a lot that year

Cake with 2 candles shaped two and five
Surrounded with family, some one called out to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to spend some time with myself and pursue my hobbies
I gave up dancing that year

Cake with 2 candles shaped two and seven
With my husband, he asked me to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to concentrate on fitness
I over gained that year

Cake with 2 candles shaped four and zero
With my husband and children, they asked me to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and made a wish to donate for a cause
I ended up over saving for myself and family that year

Cake with 2 candles shaped seven and five
With my husband, children and Grandchildren around, my little grandson asking me to make a wish,
I closed my eyes and decided not to make a wish.
               As I only then realized it’s not with making wish but it’s with striving to make it come true!

11 comments:

Chaosrules said...

Very nice concept!

Gautam said...

Your best work till date! keep them coming :)

Unknown said...

nice one buddy!!!

Unknown said...

Good one... beautifully captured.

Prashanth said...

Good one Ramya :o)

Ramya said...

@Chaos
Thanks :)

@Gautam,
Thanks again will try some more ;)

@Ankita
Welcome to Chittrana! Thanks for your comment

@Baghu
Welcome to Chittrana! Thanks for your comment

@Prashant,
Sir neevu constant encouragement kodtiri Thanks for that!

nagarathna rajarama said...

joridye !! olle channagi baradde.

Prashanth said...

ರಮ್ಯ, ನಾನು ಸರ್ ಅಂತ ಕರೆಯೋವಷ್ಟು ದೊಡ್ಡವನ ಹಾಗೆ ಕಾಣಿಸ್ತೀನ ನಿಮಗೆ? :o)

Jenny said...

This one is the best of all. The concept and the idea, and the way the story has progressed further. and ofcourse when you are 75 you are mature. And it even has a thought, dont just make a wish, strive to make it true.

You know what I am running out of adjectives to praise your poetry writing skills, but you get the point right? You are awesomely good at this :-)

Ramya said...

@Jenny: you made me cry!!! thanks your are words are so encouraging I am going to frame them!!!

Thanks tons :D, Sometimes such encouragement makes you feel so good and u have given that happiness to me thanks for being there...

Jenny said...

Awwww frame my words :-) love you :-)