Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Thursday, July 7, 2016

We nest, migrate and nest again!


I stood there staring for long at the message on my phone, well it was an invite for a house warming ceremony. It would be just another invite if it was not in the current situation I was in. I stood in the living room of my home cluttered with all the carton boxes filled with the stuffs to be shipped. There I was planning a migration to a new place and there was somebody happily nesting in the place I decided to leave, the ironies of life!
Soon the day came when all my bags were packed and I was ready to go but was I really? Life puts us in different situations and takes us to unexpected places, may be to nurture us, for better or only to make us appreciate more all that we had. I left home, left the country, left the familiar to start a new journey, well this journey I have begun is more a deja vu. It's just like starting the life I left back home, all over again. 

Well, they say leaving the comfort zone is to discover something, probably it is discovering ourselves. Slowly I am starting to discover my strengths, my weaknesses and where my heart lies! Trust me, settling in a new place is no less than a meditation. It's a journey exploring yourself. Just while I am finding ways to balance the emotional turmoil of missing people and places back home, suddenly I just know it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.

Although the memories of goodbyes, warm hugs and tears dropped are still afresh in my heart and is painting a hue of melancholy, I stare at the beautiful drizzle, open up to the cool breeze, try hugging the warm sunlight, and I feel a new beginning is coming my way. It's time that I run towards it opening my arms wide. I left my nest migrated to a new place and have started nesting again. It's time for another adventure. Dear future, I am ready

PS: venting out the chaos in my mind following a recent relocation. :)


24 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome thought Ramya....u brought out in a nice way

Ranjana Bhat said...

Feelings are mutual Akka... Agree with each and every word here.. All the best to you all ��❤️

Rahul Bhatia said...

Moving to a new place and setting up home all over again is certainly challenging , but accepting challenges is what the life is all about. Best wishes, Ramya to you and family for a lovely journey ahead:)

Anonymous said...

I think the experience of moving away from the comfort zone to totally unexplored scenario in itself is a lesson that we learn :) Am sure you are going to enjoy your best there as well :)

Unknown said...

Awesome! No Words! Well penned down!! All the very best to you guys!! - Luv

raghupathi said...

ಅನಿಸಿಕೆ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟವಾಗಿ ಹೇಳಬಲ್ಲವರು ಕೆಲಸವನ್ನೂ ಹಾಗೇ ಸಾಧಿಸಬಲ್ಲರು. ಶುಭವಾಗಲಿ

Unknown said...

Awesome way to express wen u r goin out from a place whr u were comfort. New place, new discovery.. all the best!!!
Miss u akka!

KParthasarathi said...

Very nicely written.It is a great country and city where you have relocated vastly different from and congested Bengaluru.
I am sure you will ve happy on all fronts though you would miss your people and familiar surroundings. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

Very well written Rammu..Certainly challenging to get along. Wish you have an exciting and fulfilling journey.Wishes to your family as well...

People stay more connected when far than when they stay next door...Thanks to technology

ilakshee said...

What a lovely way of putting it across! I have always welcomed change of places for the opportunities of enriching the self.

Ramya said...

@Sam thanks shoba for being here and encouraging.

Ramya said...

Ranju - yeah right but u r being example to take things ahead strongly

Ramya said...

Raul sir thanks a lot fir ur best wishes helps in facing the challenges boldly :)

Ramya said...

Ramaa Iyer yes its an experience to be treasured :) and thanks for your best wishes and for being here every time I post.

Ramya said...

Raghuoathi mava that's so motivating thanks a lot for reading the post

Ramya said...

Yes sabi u r very right new place and a brand new discovery of many things. Miss u all a lot

Ramya said...

Seemakka thanks a lot happy to have you here :) thanks for your encouragement

Ramya said...

KP yes its a great country but the love foe bangalore and love of bangaloreans never fades. Thanks a lot for your best wishes

Ramya said...

Keshava Murphy excited to have you here. True thanks yo technology keeping me sane!

Ramya said...

Ilakshe very true its a way to enrich ones life in many terms :)

Bikram said...

My best wishes mam.. All the very best and soon the nest will be warm again and it will be as if you have lived all along.. Home is where we make it ..

all the best once again..

Bikram's

Raj said...

Moving is always tough. And to leave behind so many friends and memories is to leave behind a piece of you. But then again, when you get to a new place, it starts growing on you and slowly becomes a part of you. Good luck with everything and take in the new place and have fun. :)

Raj said...

where have you disappeared? :(

SG said...

We have moved to 3 different countries - company transfer. I understand your feelings.