Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Tuesday, September 11, 2012

“You are never fully dressed without perfume!”


A sweet open secret is that every women enjoys when she is noticed, now for that you should really posses some gifted things like beauty, charm , a wonderful smile and some features that stands out isn’t it? But what if you do not fall into any of those blessed categories?

 Oh not to worry there are still other things likely to catch attention, things like a beautiful dressing sense, a noticeable accessory, a change or difference in hairdo and last but not the least PERFUME…And So  there are four things admirable for a woman to be, at any age! Whether you are four or forty-four or nineteen! It's always wonderful to be elegant, it's always fashionable to have grace, it's always glamorous to be brave, and it's always important to own a delectable perfume! Yes, wearing a beautiful fragrance is in style at any age!” 

And that exactly is my passion, I crave for PERFUMES. I love when there is a wonderful fragrance. And today this has become my passion and my raring! I am now so much in love with perfumes that I would love to work as sales person in Galleries Lafayette's Perfume section all my life!

Perfumes have been my best way to remember things, I am so much attached to it that certain fragrances make me nostalgic, and I have memories around it, certain perfume reminds me of a particular person and few perfume bottles makes me appreciate the elegance of it, the care and the struggle for perfection which has gone in coming up with such a fragrance and the design.

An incident today triggered me to tell you all this and I had to tell you all that about my passion to get 
your sympathy for the current situation I am in!

One of my close buddy who is a colleague of mine sits in different location, he and one “other” colleague who comes to my location traveled back home together.  So my friend has sent Perfumes with this “Other” person for me and it’s just not some perfume it’s the “PRADA!”  And it’s my first possession of PRADA which I had carefully studied about and had chosen for myself. And this “Other” Person is not hinting me about it, where as my buddy is continuously asking if I received it from him!
Since he is not giving it to me, all I can think of is perfume, has my perfume been used already? Or did he lose it? Or has he kept it for himself? or is he going to gift it to someone Or is he just having fun making me wait? God Nooooooooo I am going crazy thinking about it… all I want at this very moment is my PRADA!!!For sure if I don’t get it within next 1 hour I may die of anxiety ….So now you know what I am going through….

As very talented Joy Bell says
“The love affair created by a good perfume between you and other people, you and nature, you and yourself, you and your memories and anticipations and hopes and dreams; it is all too beautiful a thing!” 

I sit here eagerly anticipating for that beautiful thing to come my way soon… 

28 comments:

Jenny said...

Ramya, I know about your passion for perfumes. Wish i knew about it a couple of months back :-)

and hey you know what, just marhc upto the 'other' collegaue, and politely ask him to hand over the 'PRADA(oh wow)' to you.

Really, why do people do this?

Nilanjana Bose said...

Ooh me too ditto love perfumes :D Hope you get your hands on the Prada soon...on a different note have you read Radhika Jha's book "Smell"? Great read :)

Found In Folsom said...

I am a perfume frantic too...so, did u get ur Prada yet or not?

KParthasarathi said...

Paloma Picasso said very truly
''A perfume is like a piece of clothing, a message, a way of presenting oneself ... a costume ... that differs according to the woman who wears it''
A good piece of writing.

Nivedita Chirantan said...

hey ramya,
i empathize with you for your situation.. and now i konw what you give you as a gift on occasion... by the way beware.. because you posted this.. you might get only perfumes for many years as a gift :) nicely written

Ramya said...

Heyyyyyyyy alll sorry for the delay :D

@All Finally I got my PRADA after a wait of 7hrs :D

Ramya said...

@Jenny: Yes dear finally I did what exactly you have mentioned :D and finally :) I got my oooooo myyyyyyy goddddddddd PRADA :D

@Nilanjana: oh is it I will surely read about it. Thanks for that NB.
So I have a company for discussing perfume now ;)

Ramya said...

@FIF: hurrayyyyy one more for my perfume party :D!!!!
OH yes finally I got my PRADA and :D thanks to my buddy he was kind enough to sent "Dolce&Gabana" as well ;) hozzzzzaaaaaaat!!!!

@KP: Wow thats a nice thought, oh yes A perfume tells lot more about a woman :D christian dior stands by it :D

Ramya said...

@Nivi: hehehhe :) oh I would be soooooooo super happy to collect all possible perfumes on this earth!!! will never take that as a over kill :D
Thanks buddyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ramya said...

@AU: Thanks a lot :D will surely drop in to yours :D

adhi das said...

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.dear ramya ur blog sends a sweet scent that soothes the mind...keep spreading fragrance by ur lovely writing..
GOD LOVE U

adhi das said...

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.dear ramya ur blog sends a sweet scent that soothes the mind...keep spreading fragrance by ur lovely writing..
GOD LOVE U

adhi das said...

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.dear ramya ur blog sends a sweet scent that soothes the mind...keep spreading fragrance by ur lovely writing..
GOD LOVE U

Kappu said...

Wheww! A prada, that must be a lovely friend and my friends should learn from yours. The perfume, as you have pointed out ramya, indeed brings a beautiful connection to the place. I remember my dad by brut/cobra, a dash of park avenue will remind me of my hubby (then bf) in college days! A channel 5 reminds me of a lovely lovely occasion :) so there!! to beauty and sinfulnes! :)

Do stop by my blog!! I'd love your visits & comments! - Kappu

Ramya said...

@Adhi, ah well said adhi such a nice quote :D thanks for that and happy that my blog did make you smile :D

@Kappu: oh wow thats exactly what I meant perfumes reminds us so much of certain people and certain situation :D I too have tons of such memories special one being Davidoff and my Hubs !!! :D

Rahul Bhatia said...

The aroma of the post traveled wide, Ramya:) May you possess many more Prada, Elizabeth Ardeen,Gucci and Lancome and many more perfumes :)

Ramya said...

@Rahul sir :D hahhaa if you suggest many names ;)I make sure I get it from you!!! so think about it :D
List I posses as of now

1. Versace
2. Chanel
3. Davidoff
4. Estee Lauder
5. PRADA
6. Dolce & Gabana
7. Clarence
8. HOPE
9. Mirage
:D
so rest top things waiting for ppl to gift LOL

Sahana Rao said...

Ahhh.. You smell so goood! As good as your post.
Prada! That has been my dream too..
Good perfumes helps making the impression better. How it can change one's mood. Good or bad depends on person's choice of perfume though :P

Ramya said...

@Sahana Rao: wowwwwwwww superb to get your comment on my blog awesome welcome back :D Thanks

And yes correct agi helidri ;) depends on your taste ;)

Nilanjana Bose said...

Tagged you on this here. Do come over :)

http://nilabose.blogspot.com/2012/09/tagged-for-liebster.html

Ranjana Bhat said...

I want one for my btday.. discussion over lol

BGT said...

Ramya, maybe I am an odd-man-out here! Coz unlike what you wrote about perfumes and what most of the bloggers who commented, I just could not remember the name of the perfume by its smell.. Maybe it's a boy thing, am not sure. :D

But good post about your passion for perfumes. Really felt it while reading the post :)

Ramya said...

@NB: Hurrayyyyyyyyy an award for me... shortly I will follow the tradition :D thanks a lotttt :D super happy I am

Ramya said...

@Binu: :D hahaha cant comment about men and lack of interest in perfume but surprisingly majority of world's famous perfumistas are men :D how is this!!!
Yeah thanks a lot :D I am crazy about perfumes not sure how long I will carry this craze of mine though :D

Ghadeer said...

I second everything you said here: a good perfume makes all the difference. I always have to have a bottle with me wherever I go and spray hourly to keep it going.

Ramya said...

@Jnana: Ahhhhhh good I have so many partners in crime :D I carry one in my hand bag too :D love them.

@Ashwini: hahha yes :D we are all pirates on the same ship :D. :) yeah Perfumes complete us! and also it defines our attitude :D good to know you are with me :D

Raj said...

OMG… that sure sounds ominous (for the “other” guy). He better give you your “Prada”, otherwise it might not be good for his health. ;) Can totally see your passion for perfumes from this post. It sure gives one a unique identity in addition to making the air around elegant and refreshing.

Ramya said...

@Raj: A beautiful lady walked into Perfume store and asked ;) which fragrance attracts man more ;) Salesperson :D had one direct answer as "Beer" it seems ;) but had to lie!!! ROFL
So :D such passion are heavy on pockets ;) only :D

Thankssssssssss for encouraging my madness!!! lol