Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Monday, April 16, 2012

PARK – my PETROL Bunk


After lot of wonderful Mozzarella Cheese and French fries on my vacation, I have put on so much weight that I felt like weighing machine was crying loud and shouting at me to step down.  So now every day working out has become mandatory and I chose to walk everyday for an hour.
 I take different path everyday to keep myself motivated, but yesterday I decided to check out the park which was getting renovated. As a pleasant surprise the park was all renovated and I saw so many people in it. I readily got into it to continuing my walk for another hour.
Trust me this walk of an hour had so many things in it, I felt it like it pumped me up with loads of energy, hope and wishes about my life. After a day’s hard work I felt like I came here to refuel myself.
Hence I say PARK – my PETROL Bunk which is People, Enthusiasm, Thoughts, Rules, Obesity and Love Bunk … 

People:  My first walking lap I was listening to music and I decided only to observe the facial expressions of everyone I see. Wow it got me so curious that I switched off the music but let the headphones in the ear, Hoping people don’t stop talking as I cross them.  Anyways they seemed to be least bothered and continued talking. Most famous topics
  1. Politics – Men around 50s
  2. My daughter in law did this – Mother in-laws around 50s   
  3. My Mother in law told like this –Daughter in laws around 30s
  4. What did u cook for lunch – Most common among women folk to start their discussion
  5. What summer camp is your kid going – Young mothers
  6. Unmarried Couples hand in hand- Sorry even after I switching off music and tried going very close, I could only see them talk but nothing could be heard.  It was like tv kept on mute, face full of expression lips talking but gosh I can’t hear them!!!
  7. And Single Guys sitting in park and shouting on mobile
Ah!!!  Two laps crossing the same people, I felt like I am getting a view of their life. It was fantastic to know so many things are keeping the life going on.

Enthusiasm:  My favorite section in the park, Kids section where you see these games Slides, swings, see saw, merry go round.  I can hardly imagine from where these kids get so much Energy, Enthusiasm, Confidence and Involvement in playing these games. After all my laps I make sure to sit here and observe kids playing for at least 15min before leaving. I feel so blessed for having similar wonderful childhood and also for keeping the soul in me still young to enjoy all these.

Thoughts: Have you ever counted the thoughts that cross your mind when you are walking? My god I just can’t keep track of them as I see every new person my mind does the talking to me. So many things juggle around, this hardly happen when I am working or cooking. I am surprised sometime that where were all these thoughts till now? Not that anything useful I think of, but just thinking makes you feel good at times. isn’t it?

Rules: Going back to kids oh my! Sit for few min in the kid section and observe the rules they frame for themselves while playing games, and surprised to see many kids do follow them religiously. When do we lose this seriousness then? Why don’t we follow any rules now? Forget anything else the basic rules set in the park premises is also not followed; this is how we have changed with age!

Obesity: Wow I feel much better after coming here. At home it’s only me whom I keep staring at the mirror and think from where did I collect so much fat and wondering how to lose it. But here most people come with same problem hoping to shape up after walking here.  If only there were no hot coffee\Ice creams\Chats and dosa camps right besides the Park, People like me would have reduced by now! Anyways guys Obesity is increasing in India too, Lets work on it!!! ;)

Love:  Old couples who have aged together beautifully, middle aged couple dragging the life and making the best of their love, young couple hand in hand dreaming of beautiful future, Young mom’s hugging their little kids, little kids cuddling their pets and souls like me falling in love with life all over again!
All this at one stop and that’s PARK. 

And now I am looking forward to refuel myself at the place which is Preaching A Rare Knowledge - The PARK.

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh wow! Wonderful Ramya. I felt I was walking along with you!
The number of thoughts which crosses your mind when you walk is bang on. One can just think about anything and everything na.

Where did you get those clicks from?

And about all those people, at different stages of life. Isn't it nice to just sit back and observe. We change so much. I mean, I myself have changed so much. I want different things from life now.

About kids, I agree any place with kids is like heaven. Just observe them and hear them talk. Its so cute and god like.

I truly enoyed this walk of your Ramya. Awaiting more :-))))

PS: I loved your fullforms for PARK and petrol.

PS2: Ahh have all that cheese yaar, weight loss india ake karna!

Jenny said...

Oh god Just realised. I have typed a 'POST' on your POST :-| Sorry for the extra long comment!!

Ramya said...

@Jenny: Thats the beauty of blogging, I get to talk to you all expressing my ideas and getting to hear from you I wait for such comments which shows how much interest you took in reading my post and encouraging me :D I do in others blog all the time :D So Keep them coming :D,

:) Pls dont be sorry ;) keep commenting

BTW :D Me back in Mother India :D

Jenny said...

Arey haan, you had said 2 weeks na. You know somewhere in the middle of the post I was wondering, how you understood the language they spoke(the couples and daughter in laws and all), and how you could understand thier conversation? All along I was picturing you walking in Italy! bhagwan! My bad!

Ramya said...

@Jenny: hahaha :D yeah I forgot to mention that I am back in India in the post :D LOL Italian MILs and DILs :D I dont know whats with them :D

And Yes I used to walk a lot in Italy to loved that place where I stayed

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

It had in it something that I have observed quite a few times while walking too. This post made me recollect a few conversations I had overheard. Beautifully conceptualized and written.

Often we forget to enjoy life with these small things around us. you have captured it so well. loved the full forms of PARK and PETROL.

Keep fueling and keep smiling.

Prashanth said...

Good post! It was really interesting to read through your walk. Great to know that you have fallen in love with life, keep it on!

Welcome back to India. The only thing you got back with you, which we (and even you) didn't want is OBESITY. Anyways, with all the PETROL 'refills' in PARK, hope to see you healthy soon :o)

Ramya said...

@Ashwini: Thanks a lot :D yeah its so much fun to just observe everything around us :D thanks again.

@Prashanth: :( Correct maathu helidri :D but with Obesity I have got back loads of memories, experience and happiness to :D

Thanks tons both of you for your continuous Encouragement :D

Rahul Bhatia said...

Lovely observations:)

Ramya said...

@Rahul :D hehehe thanks

Gopinath said...

nice one. i hats off ur making new meanings to normal words. love ur way to write blog on anything. i too observed most of what u said on my morning walks previously.

Ramya said...

@Gopinath: Thanks a lot :) for your appreciation.hmm lot to see and enjoy around us :D

Santhoshkumar LM said...

I remember this Chutuka read in magazine:


"ಆತ ನೋಡಿದ
ಒಬ್ಬ ಮುದುಕ, ಒಬ್ಬ ರೋಗಿ, ಒಂದು ಶವ.
ಆತನಾಗಿ ಹೋದ ಬುದ್ಧ.

ನಾವೂ ಇಂದು ನೋಡುತ್ತೇವೆ,
ಸಾವಿರಾರು ಮುದುಕರ, ಸಾವಿರಾರು ರೋಗಿಗಳ, ಸಾವಿರಾರು ಶವಗಳ.
ನಮ್ಮಲ್ಲಿ ಒಬ್ಬರಾದರೂ ಆಗಿದ್ದೇವೆಯೇ ಬುದ್ಧ??"

everything is normal when we JUST see them.
it requires different way of looking at life to enjoy it:)

very nice blog!!

Ramya said...

@Santhu, Ah excellent Chutuku ri!
Neevu helidu very very true.

Thanks for your encouragement :D

Sujatha Sathya said...

wow what a wonderful post esp because of the topic

since it is summer holidays now i am taking my daughter daily to the park and every word you have written here i have witnessed too. and i was thinking wish i had thought of writing on this one too.
the full form of prak and the way you explained each point very nice

Ramya said...

@Sujatha: Please please you also write on the same topic, you are such a blessed writer I would love to read it and improve soooooooooon come on pen it

love to read the same from a mother's view

Thanks a lot :D