Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I choose sound!

Moist trees ornamented with a zillion lush green leaves, I see them flutter. A flock of beautiful birds flew right across my window, I see those wings beat constantly taking them miles away. Little drops of rain pouring down constantly, I see the swell in fertility of everything around. Oh the world I see through my windows is sure to make one feel rapturous, but then I started feeling an inexplicable void. It took me long to realize that one thing which left all of these euphoric visuals insensate.


I stood there frozen while the restless mind continued with its endeavor to fill the void. As I slowly shook, my hands started caressing the window panes that which stood between me and all that magical world out there. Unconsciously I cracked those window panes open, a zephyr of cognizance gushed in. Oh, how I missed it! Indeed, I saw those leaves flutter, the birds flock and the pouring mystical rain, but then I did not hear them, I had missed the pitter patter of the world around me.

Ah, that noisy truck, laughter of the loud passersby, giggles of the kids playing around, yammering call of the pushcart vendor, squeaky bicycles, call it the sound, the noise, whatever for once it dawned upon me that it is the very essence of life. It is after being around in silence for long, I realize it is the significance of life happening around. Although the consistent grapple with noisy life makes one want to experience the blissful silence, its actually the buzz you will want to return to.


While I stand here longing to hear the noisy cousins giggle and gossip, loved ones chit chat, strange partially heard stories of passersby, I incontrovertibly choose the sound over the silence. After all, the absence of the most repetitious lub-dub is when the life ends.


Pic credit

21 comments:

Karunakar said...

Truly that's the significance of life. Well expressed.

Unknown said...

Wow! Rams. Way to go. Life's essence captured in such beautiful words

Kabs said...

How much we take sounds for granted... Made me listen to the sounds around me with new ears :) Super!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Excellent post.Your writing style is really magical & awesome. I guess you should record those sounds next time when you come back!. you can recall Pushapaka Vimana Movie scene :-)

-Anantha Murthy

navya said...

Wow! A nice read :)

Divya Jairam said...

Wow..!!! Truly beautiful Ramya! I could relate to every word...!!!!

ಅರವಿಂದ ಕುಲಕರ್ಣಿ said...

You chose sound and made me silent.!!!
Good thought and who else can put it in much better way? Its you :)

Unknown said...

Good one Ramya!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

Anil Sawan said...

Beware Ramz... some one with a migrane headache will sue you for your support to sound ��
Good one sweets! Indeed its after s long silence that the sounds of life is cherished... i am scared of silence �� Blame the ghost movies for that ����.. but seriously, whats sweeter than hearing your friend talk, kids play and your love sing ��

Rahul Bhatia said...

That was a lovely poetic prose Ramya!

Ramya said...

Karu, Arvind and Sowmya lokesh,
Thanks tons for being here guys, you have been my encouragement all throughout​...

Kabs and Divya
It's priceless to have a fellow blogger read and comment. Helps in improving and motivated to write more.

Ananthanna
What a fantastic co-relation, hahaha will do that next time. Thanks for being there to read all my posts.

Rahul sir: thanks tons, happy you like it!

Anil: lol true that only people who suffer noise pollution day in and out know the pain :) hopefully I will not be sued for giving false support

Amit and Shardakka
Thanks tons for being here to read. Means a lot :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful perspective.

Nuthan said...

I love the message of this post - rings a bell and I feel void too!!
I feel the same - miss all those taken for granted things when I was in India and now just reminiscence...
btw... moving to US has made you more English-Vinglih.... I had to look into the dictionary a few times : (

šēţħũ said...

Ramya....Its been quite some time I haven't seen a post from you.....do you blog on a different platform?

Preeti Singh Sikka said...

Very Nice article ! great job. Thanks for sharing.

Send SMS with India's most trusted Bulk SMS Service Provider in India.
Attractive Price with Guarantee 100% Delivery. Call: +(91) 830 578 1001

Mohini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pawan said...

If you are looking for a Bulk SMS Service Provider, Interact Solutions is your ideal destination. We are one of the top Bulk SMS Agency.

Bulk SMS - Transactional SMS, Promotional SMS, Long code, Shortcode, Voice SMS, SMS Gateway, SMS Services, SMS Software, International Bulk SMS, SMPP Connectivity Services In Indore, India said...

Connect with The Reliable BULK SMS Provider in India. Attractive Price with Guarantee 100% Delivery. Call: 9907922122

SG said...

I was reading your "About Me". I just smiled at the reply for favorite movie. Oh my god it changes every time I watch a good movie ;) I smiled because that is my thought also.

Jiga oset said...

Hemodialysis is of no value due to the large volume of distribution of buy zopiclone 7.5. Flumazenil may be a useful antidote; however, flumazenil administration may contribute to the appearance of neurological symptoms (agitation, anxiety, convulsionsand emotional lability). Intravenous fluids should be administered as needed.

Visit Website: ARTVIGIL 150 DOMESTIC US