Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Sunday, May 11, 2014

A random connection...



Life has blessed me with opportunities to travel to some of the beautiful places. Of the excitements I see in people when they ask me about the places I have visited, I even see dismissal in many when they are confused as to why should one travel twice a year spending money which could be invested elsewhere. 

As much I enjoy explaining the excited souls I don’t complain about the other clan. If only you are not able to justify your travel then the purpose of the travel is surely not met, having said that I don’t say that there needs to be a reason to travel but surely when you have returned from a travel you will have 100 reasons which justify the trip you have made. And that is the beauty of traveling to newer places.

In my experience, Travel for me is all about how much I connect back to home. In order to feel the innumerable ways we are connected to our home it surely takes you to travel to a totally new place. I sort of experience the serenity among the strangers, different culture, marvelous sculptures, and exotic sceneries by weaving back to my people and culture back home. And when back home, known people, known streets, expected rain, fragrance of food drags me back to memories of the places I have traveled that’s when all my travel gives me the bliss of being in those places.
 
Over the last weekend when I stood at the window gazing the people walking in the scorching sun pause all of a sudden to experience the most unexpected rain in the middle of summer and the unintentional smile floods across the street amongst the stranger, my mind randomly made a trip yet again to all those places where I had experienced such scorching sun, unexpected rain, smiles from stranger and much more.   

Isn’t this a random connection? Do you all feel it too?

15 comments:

Rahul Bhatia said...

Ramya... wish you travel to as many places as you dream of! There is no better way of appreciating the beauties of nature around us and traveling makes us see that we did not!A post which once more ignites the pangs to travel further....:)

Sonia said...

When the companion is good the journey seems even more interesting then destination :)

Bikram said...

thats me thats me .. I do that all the time

I would prefer to go home all the time .. and you are right when we og back home ,you know everything .. those streets,roads,shops strangers also you know .. (if you know what i mean)

Bikram

Badarinath Palavalli said...

ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮಾತು ನಿಜ, ಜಡಗಟ್ಟಿದ ಮನಸ್ಸಿಗೆ ಒಂದು ಒಳ್ಳೆಯ ಪ್ರವಾಸ ಚೈತನ್ಯಕಾರಕ.
ಆಸಕ್ತರಿಗೆ ಅದನ್ನು ವಿವರಿಸುವುದೂ ಖುಷಿಯೇ.

ಬೇಸಿಗೆಯ ಮಳೆ ಚೇತೋಹಾರಿ.

Ramya said...

@Rahul sir: Yeah yeah I know you are super excited to travel ;)

@Sonia: How true, yes yes companion matters a lot :)

Ramya said...

@B: heyyyyyyy you are then so much like me :) yes familiar things tingles a strange feeling post a wonderful trip isnt it :)? and thats why we say Home is the best place to be!

Ramya said...

@Badari
correct agi helidiri :) dinanityada ade badukige kelome hitakara vada break beku alva :)?
Yes rain in summer is truly a blessing

Prashanth said...

I so completely agree with you Ramya. One doesn't need a reason to travel and I personally one need not give any justification for travelling. It's just one's own perspective to travel. The people who question will someday appreciate your effort of travelling to different places. One needs to travel to get oneself back and also to appreciate different cultures as you have rightly pointed out..:) You surly are an inspiration to many, who wants to travel but stuck up due to some reason or the other. All I can say is, Keep Travelling, keep sharing your experiences..:)

Ramya said...

@Prashanth: All I can say is :) Boy u r super young and now is the time, Pack your bags and leave to some place see around and trust me you will meet one very special person as you travel and that real inner you :) Travel is meditation in itself :)

CRD said...

Our life is not long enough for us to travel to every corner of the earth once, leave alone revisiting. That's a very saddening thought. If I had the money, I'd like to travel to Turkey, Greece, the UK, and even to Pakistan.

Sadly though, I haven't even seen Mumbai properly, leave alone India as a whole :p

Cheers
CRD

Updated mine. Do drop by.
www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.in

Found In Folsom said...

Glad to see a post from you after long time...yes, travel is fun and it's always great to be back home too..

Ramya said...

@CRD: Very true what you have told :) Travel has many shade you dont have to travel to newer places all you should do is travel to same place or be in the same place see it with new views everytime :) that will make it up.

And making a little effort to take a break and visiting to some place just a village near by also, trust me will add so much spirit to you :)

So Buddy Pack and leave on an exotic vacation!

Ramya said...

@FIF: Yeah dear was very held up :D thanks for dropping by.

Nuthan said...

Ramya I strongly agree with your post and believe in that philosophy.. Life is more of memories and experiences than assets and returns : )
And I have been trying hard to explain this to my Dad to convince him to come to UK - no luck so far : ) but I do partially agree with his philosophy.
And of-course a decent job and some discipline to save some money.

Ramya said...

@Nuthan: very happy that you liked the post and are in agreement with it :).
Oh Yes the point what u have mentioned is 100% true for my parents as well its very difficult to convince them for travel, And again cant complain each one is right in their own perspective :)